Our Early Preschool Program promotes a positive environment for learning and growing. We understand that young preschoolers are curious about the world around them. That is why our two year old daycare promotes the development of the whole child by focusing on education, social skills, physical activity and healthy eating habits. Social relationships are an important context for learning, when children have opportunities to play together, work on projects and talk with others their own age – their development as well as their learning experiences will be enhanced. Our two year old daycare provides a variety of materials and opportunities for children to have firsthand meaningful experiences. The classroom space and materials are organized to support the children’s need to physically explore, to discover, and to help children become more independent as well as gain a better understanding of “group play.”
Our loving teachers provide comforting words and hugs with plenty of love to help children cope with their separation from their parents. Our Caring Teachers encourage children to participate in daily routines to develop self-help skills. Activities provide repeated opportunities with sensory experiences that help develop large & small muscles and promote thinking & communication skills. Your child is introduced to letters, shapes, numbers, stories, pictures, art, and music during circle time to help your child develop a rich vocabulary as well as be exposed to an enjoyable learning experience.
- Daily Group Instruction—promotes listening and social skills (short circle times – calendar, weather, flag and introduction of the day’s academics).
- A variety of activities that support learning concepts (dance, games and songs).
- Weekly units are taught through the use of art, music, stories and sensory play.
- Learning centers include building blocks, dramatic play and table toys.
- Group Activities include sharing and co-operational skills (play time).
- Age appropriate academic worksheets specifically designed for each age group covering phonics, shapes, colors, numbers and Spanish. *See Academics Covered tab.
- Regular communication between teachers and parents helps to keep you informed about your child’s day.
- Daily exercise – helps children develop their large motor skills (jumping, running, kicking and throwing) while out on our spacious fenced in playground. It also helps develop a strong sense of contentment and happiness.
- Young LivingTM Essential Oils Used in Classrooms to Keep Your Kids Healthier and Classrooms Cleaner
- Days of the week, months of the year, calendar
- Letter recognition and phonetic awareness A-Z
- Count forward to 30, backwards from 20
- Color and shape recognition
- Spanish numbers 1-10
- Proper pencil grip
- Name recognition, spelling, tracing/writing of first name
- Proper scissor handling, cutting on a line
- Sorting and matching
- Intro to simple adding and subtracting
At Kiddie Kare your child’s health and happiness are very important to us. All of our classrooms use their own diffusers throughout their day to keep their classroom cleaner and their kids happier. We use Citrus Fresh oils to disinfect the classrooms and entire school twice daily. We use lavender oils at nap to give your child a calm and serene sleep. We also use Thieves Cleaner to clean and disinfect our floors, tables and toys (all hard surfaces). Refer to www.youngliving.com for more information on the natural products we use during your child’s care.