A Private Pre-K Daycare (ABeka curriculum)
We focus on the development of the whole child. Our Pre-Kindergarten Program promotes a positive environment for learning and growing. Our Teachers help children to learn how to establish positive, constructive relationships with adults and children. They also plan and implement a coherent curriculum to help children achieve important developmental and learning goals. Our teachers recognize learning experiences are more effective when the curriculum is responsive to the children’s interests and ideas.
Whether it’s math, reading, writing, science, etc … your child’s early experiences and achievements will help him/her prepare for a lifetime of success in school and the world that they live in. Our curriculum will help to prepare the children in our Pre-K daycare through the everyday experiences needed for their upcoming Elementary School years.
- Reading Readiness – promotes good listening skills, sharing ideas and discussion, identifies Author and Illustrators, writing skills, sounding out words and practice reading from left to right and top to bottom. Expanding knowledge of letter and sound relationship and how to apply short and long vowel sounds when reading.
- Mathematical Units – include counting, sorting, graphing, TouchMath, estimation, problem solving, measuring, money, time, number value, simple addition and subtraction.
- Thematic Units – promotes learning through fun and play, encourages curiosity and knowledge, as well as discussion, stories, art activities, poems and songs.
- Social Studies/Character Builders – promotes Responsibility, Tolerance & Dignity, Rules, Diversity, Teamwork, Citizenship, Kindness, Honesty, Respect and Self-Discipline.
- Science Projects – includes experiments and/or observation of seasonal changes, days, week and months of the year. Living Things – animals, plants, body (hair, teeth and skin), their five senses, Good Health (exercise and nutrition) environmental (land, air, water and what it means to Go Green).
- Tablets & Computers – promotes early computer skills and using educational programs to enhance letter and number learning.
- Physical Activities – includes outside recess AM & PM (weather permitting). However, if we are unable to go outside, teachers will provide active class games, dancing or other types of physical activities.
- Languages – the best time to learn any language is during the early years. Simple Spanish – includes colors, shapes, numbers, family members and greeting words.
- American Sign Language – includes letters, actions, foods, family members and greetings.
- End of the Year – Progress Reports are completed and sent home along with your child’s portfolio containing art projects and worksheets completed throughout the school year, along with your child’s writing journal, class photo and Preschool Graduation Certificate. Along with our Best Wishes for True Success in all areas of life!
- Young LivingTM Essential Oils Used in Classrooms to Keep Your Kids Healthier and Classrooms Cleaner
- Days of the week, months of the year
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Spanish numbers and colors
- Long and short vowel sounds
- Letter & word recognition
- Writing and tracing
- Counting to 100, counting backwards from 20
- Basic addition and subtraction
At Kiddie Kare your child’s health and happiness are very important to us. All of our classrooms use their own diffusers throughout their day to keep their classroom cleaner and their kids happier. We use Citrus Fresh oils to disinfect the classrooms and entire school twice daily. We use lavender oils at nap to give your child a calm and serene sleep. We also use Thieves Cleaner to clean and disinfect our floors, tables and toys (all hard surfaces). Refer to www.youngliving.com for more information on the natural products we use during your child’s care.