- We do not serve any peanut, tree nut, or other nut products at the daycare. Please make sure that all bag lunches, morning snacks, etc. do not include peanuts as a main flavor (PB&J sandwiches, etc.) Bag Lunch is required on field trip days and on days indicated on the school calendar.
- Please do not keep your car running while you are inside the school – WITHOUT A LICENSED DRIVER INSIDE.
- Help us to keep our school and grounds clean and safe for your child and others. Please do not throw your cigarette butts or trash on our parking lot–children have tendencies to place things in their mouths.
- Speak to our teacher and staff members with respect and conduct yourselves with dignity. Children learn most by what they see and experience.
- Please refrain from talking on your phone while inside the school.
- We contact parents through various forms. Our main form of contact is through emails. Please be sure that you check your emails often to keep abreast of Kiddie Kare A’Kademie activities. If you do not have an email address, you may want to ask a friend if you can use theirs.
- Keep all personal information current in our files. Any changes in information provided in your child’s registration packet must be kept current.
- If your child cannot eat what we are serving for lunch – due to allergies or religious affiliations – you may pack them a lunch provided you let the office know. If your child is allergic to a particular fruit, let your child’s teacher know and they will make provide a substitute.
- Fever of 101 degrees or above. They must be FEVER FREE, without the use of any medications, for a minimum of 24 hours before they are brought back to school.
- They have any condition that may be suspected of being contagious, such as:
- Suspected of having the Flu or Swine Flu – MUST stay home and bring in a doctor’s note of release before they can return to school.
- Pink Eye – wake up with crusty eyes, a white or green discharge from the eye. The white of the eye appears pink/red. The child must be on a doctor prescribed medication for a minimum of 24 hours before they can return to school.
- Chicken Pox – Your child is contagious for one week PRIOR to breaking out with red spots, they may run a low-grade fever during this time. The red spots will generally first appear under the arms and/or in the groin area. They cannot return to school until all the red spots are thoroughly scabbed over – usually a minimum of 7 to 10 days after the spots first appear.
- Diarrhea – if your child has had diarrhea within the past 24 hours under any circumstances.
- Vomiting – if your child has vomited within the past 24 hours.
- An Unidentified Rash of any kind – must get a doctor’s note of release before they can return to school.
Medication & Sunscreen- when bringing them to school:
- MUST be in their Original Container. You must fill out a Medication or Sunscreen Release Form IN FULL and give it to the teacher on duty at the time of arrival.
- Release Forms are only good for dates listed on the release form. If your child needs to contine taking their medication, another Release Form must be filled out IN FULL. If your child is sick and you would like to credit your account a sick day, please fill out the appropriate form, found on the Sign In/Out Table, and place it in the Office mailbox.
These guidelines are set by the DHSS not Kiddie Kare A’Kademie. We must adhere to them fully!!
- Sick days are available starting on your child’s 1st day of school.
- Sick days are non-accumulative year to year.
The number of individual days allotted are as follows for children enrolled for:
- 5 days per week receive – 3 sick + 5 vacation days per year
- 4 days per week receive – 2 sick + 4 vacation days per year
- 3 days per week receive – 2 sick + 3 vacation days per year
- 2 days per week receive – 1 sick + 2 vacation days per year
Vacation Days and Sick Days renew on the anniversary of your child’s 1st day at school.